Job Description: Outreach and Engagement Officer
- Background: administration, operations, partnerships, outreach and engagement.
- Location: able to attend weekly meetings and co-working days in London.
- Contract type: part-time, 3 days per week with a 6 month probationary period.
About Initiative Earth and Earthed
Initiative Earth is a UK Registered Charity with a mission is to enable people to restore ecosystems and revitalize community wellbeing around the world. The Charity’s core activity is the management and launch of Earthed, which exists to remove the obstacles that prevent people from regenerating local ecosystems, providing access to the necessary skills, networks and funds they need to restore nature and learn to grow.
In June 2023, the Earthed platform was launched, offering high quality video courses that provide practical skills in biodiversity building, growing food, community supported agriculture, ecosystem restoration, river restoration and much more. Earthed has had a successful first 6 months and in 2024 is looking to substantially grow the organization and its impact. Earthed is therefore recruiting an outreach and engagement officer who will support the wider team to implement stakeholder engagement strategies (teachers, partners, members) and ensure effective processes and administration.
By 2032, Earthed aims to have enabled millions of people to participate in the global ecosystem restoration movement. Revenue generated through membership will support the running of the Charity as well as establish an Action Fund so members can apply for the grants they need to start and scale regeneration projects.
Our Board of Trustees:
- Cara Delevingne, Model and actor
- Naresh Ramchandani, Writer and founder of Do The Green Thing
- James Beazley, Treasurer – Accountant and finance lead in tech
- Deepa Mirchandani – Sustainability, strategy and systems consultant
- Jack Harries – Film-maker and Earthrise founder
- Isabella Noero – Artist and activist
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for someone passionate about working as part of a small team within the ecosystem restoration and regenerative agriculture movements. The candidate will support the wider team to implement stakeholder outreach and engagement strategies for teachers, partners and members. There is a large amount of administrative work in the role, so the candidate should love keeping things ordered, neat and tidy.
Outreach and engagement:
- Work with the Heads of Production, Marketing and Partnerships to ensure that teacher, partner and affiliate contracts or agreements are up to date, signed and filed.
- Work with the Heads of Marketing and Partnerships to support teacher and partner outreach and engagement around course launches, events and activations.
- Work with the Heads of Partnerships and Marketing to implement outreach strategies to secure affiliates, influencer, stakeholder, impact, brand and corporate partners.
- Work with the Head of Marketing to implement member outreach, acquisition and engagement strategies.
- Research and compile targeted and strategic lists for member and partner outreach and engagement.
- Work with different platforms and tailor communication approaches according to the organization or individual, including email as well as social media platforms Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok, LinkedIn, website contact forms, etc.
- Write effective, clear and accurate correspondence with a keen eye for detail ensuring fast response rates and conversion.
- Work with Hubspot to track click-throughs, opens and engagement with outreach correspondence, following up accordingly.
- Maintain regular correspondence with partners and stakeholders before and after conversion to ensure retention and satisfaction.
- Ensure regular follow-ups with stakeholders to track both engagement with the platform as well as activity and impact on the ground.
- Oversee the implementation of feedback strategies with stakeholders, collating data and presenting it in a clear way for the team.
- Work with the Finance Manager to track invoices and payments related to stakeholder activities, supporting administrative tasks and record keeping.
- Responsible for administrative tasks related to outreach and engagement including managing schedules, organizing meetings, handling correspondence and maintaining records of exchanges and agreements between stakeholders and the team.
- Assisting with various office-related functions to ensure smooth operations within an organization including archiving, storage and minute taking.
Required qualities & skills:
- Excellent record keeping and administration skills with an eye for detail.
- Financial management; ability to work with spreadsheets, track income and expenditure, etc.
- Efficient and effective worker, willing to role up your sleeves and keen to experiment with systems to ensure that work maintains an excellent standard.
- Ability to work across a team, prioritise tasks and at times respond to conflicting demands.
- Experience working with operations, systems and processes.
- Exceptional writing, research and editing skills with the ability to convey complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- High attention to detail, with excellent editing and proofing ability, always ensuring required points are covered and questions are answered properly and accurately.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to develop trusting and compatible relationships and work effectively as part of a team in a startup environment.
- Willingness to work according to our values, with enthusiasm for our vision and mission.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of regenerative agriculture and ecosystem restoration.
- Understanding of the role of nature based solutions, environment and biodiversity within climate.
- Knowledgeable about the key figures and actors in the global ecosystem restoration and regenerative agriculture movements.
To apply: please send a cover letter in response to the role description together with your CV to Ruby Reed by email: email@example.com. The cover letter should include an outline of why you are suitable and what you could bring to the position. We welcome additional information, including attachments or links to work. A shortlist of candidates will be invited to interview. Initiative Earth is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from anyone who feels they might be a good fit for the position.